Hello, thanks for your interest. Following is an overview of my background.
- Speaker, Author, HR Consultant - G.F. Lussier & Associates, 1994 - 2016
- Management Development, New Opportunities, 2009-2010
- Sr. Director, Retention & Engagement, Masonicare, 2008
- Dir., Comp & Performance Management, Travelers, 1990 - 1994
- Director, HR Development, AEtna Life & Casualty, 1992
- Variety of roles at AEtna Life & Casualty, including Manager, Marketing Training; Project Manager, Experimental Claim Office; Manager, Compensation & Productivity Services; Compensation Analyst and Pension Analyst - 1976 - 1990
- Adjudicator, Social Security Disability Benefits, ST of CT 1974 - 76
~ Masters of Science, Organizational Behavior; U of Hartford
~ Bachelors of Science, English; teaching cert; Central CT State U
~ Certificate, Speed Reading People; a personality assessment tool
~ Certificate, Management Information Systems; U of Hartford
~ Classes; The Hartford Critical & Creative Thinking Center
~ Board of Directors: Current: Hospital for Special Care. Past: Center for Occupational Development & Education; CT. Morgan Horse Association and the CT. Traumatic Brain Injury Association
~ Writer and Editor, association newsletters and magazines
~ Host, MidLIFE Matters TV; WPAA-TV. Celebrating Women's Wisdom & Wit
Speaking & Group Engagements:
Panelist, Greater Hartford Women's Conference, 2016
"Central Authors" - Central Connecticut State University
"Amazing Mid-Life Brain" & "Craft YOUR Own Story" - Connecticut Women's Alliance Conferences (2012 & 2015 )
Power Woman podcast & WXLM 980 AM.
"Zest Fests" - Creative women's gatherings
Author presentations - AARP: Decide.Create.Share; Wallingford Library; Wallingford Senior Center; East Haven Library; Wesleyan University Book Store. Non-Profit Associations.
Online book discussions using Go To Meeting - Women Who Run With the Wolves
As an independent H.R. consultant, I contributed to over 50 companies in the last 22 years.
~ I specialize in tailored development programs, including:
- Presentations and speaking engagements
- Training Supervisors and Owners
- Recruiting top talent
- Mentoring programs
- Mid-Life career consulting
- Establishing career paths
- Clarifying required job skills and competencies
- Job rotations and cross-training
- Retention studies
- Succession planning
- Facilitating meetings, and
- Conducting organizational studies.
~ My other niche areas include Compensation and Workplace Policies:
- Interviewing employees to write job descriptions
- Using salary surveys to price benchmark jobs
- Setting salary ranges to ensure pay equity
- Updating personnel handbooks
~ Publications include 2 e-books: Growing Talent Through Cross-Training and Are Your Star Performers Packing Their Bags? How to Persuade Them to Stay. (Get To The Point Books.com) 55+ Unite: Welcome All Wise Working Women, a paperback and e-book published through Amazon. 5 Ways to Grow after 50 is a guidebook reflecting wisdom shared on my community TV show. Mister Ed, Lucy, Mom & Me is a caregivng booklet that includes resources. National magazine articles include training and management topics for construction contractors and veterinarians. My publications are on Amazon or Get To The Point Books.
~ Clients include companies of all sizes, in a wide range of industries, across the country. Recently, I wrote job descriptions for a Town Library and updated salary ranges for a growing Non-Profit. I conduct retained job searches for established clients, through an associate partner.
I enjoy joining up with management groups to tackle human resource and development issues to help their organization grow.